Q.1) With reference to the National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB), consider the following statements:
- It is a constituent Board of the Quality Council of India.
- It is responsible for accreditation of certification/inspection bodies as per applicable international standards under an international system of equivalence.
- NABCB accreditation helps eliminate technical barriers to trade and facilitates export of Indian products in world market.
Which of the given statements is/are correct?
a) All are correct
b) 2 and 3
c) 1 and 3
d) Only 2
Inspired by: [pib] NABCB Accreditation Secures Recognition in Asia- Pacific Region
Q.2) According to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index 2018, which of the given statements is/are correct?
- The index is prepared by NITI Aayog only.
- It spans of all 17 SDGs.
- Kerala and Himachal Pradesh are most progressive among all states.
Select the correct codes from following alternatives:
a) 1 and 2
b) 2 and 3
c) 2 only
d) 3 only
Inspired by: [pib] NITI Aayog Releases SDG India Index, 2018
Q.3) With reference to the Consumer Protection Bill, 2018, which of the given statements is incorrect?
a) The bill does not define any of the consumer rights.
b) It includes right to seek redressal against unfair or restrictive trade practices or unscrupulous exploitation of consumers; and the right to consumer awareness.
c) It envisages provisions for product liability action on account of harm caused to consumers due to a defective product or by a deficiency in services.
d) It empowers to bar a person from endorsing the product or service of a misleading advertisement for up to a year.
Inspired by: Explained: Consumer Protection Bill, 2018
Q.4) The Cassini–Huygens probe of NASA is related to the study of:
c) Saturn Ring
Inspired by: Times of India
Q.5) With reference to the Portuguese rule in India, consider the following statements:
- Portuguese were the first to colonize parts of India and were the last to leave.
- Operation Vijay was launched to annexe Portuguese territories in independent India.
Which of the given statements is/are not correct?
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
Inspired by: India.com
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here