GS1 (Consolidation within the country)
Demand – Explain elements which unite India and build a common identity.
– Brief mention of differences (2 marks)
– Historical, cultural etc factors (geography, freedom struggle etc) responsible for creating an Indian identity which makes us united (8 marks)
GS2 (Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies)
There are many regulatory bodies in India, such as SEBI, TRAI etc. Why are they necessary? Discuss issues relating to their independence given that the government appoints their heads and there may be a conflict of interest.
Demand – What is the purpose of regulatory bodies? Discuss with examples. Is independence an issue for them?
– Purpose of regulatory bodies such as checking anti-competitive practices (2.5 marks)
– Give examples of such bodies and purpose (2.5 marks)
– Why is their independence necessary? (2.5 marks)
– What are the dangers to their independence? (2.5 marks)
GS3 (Indian economy)
Demand – Discuss whether SEZ’s have failed or succeeded in India and the reasons.
– What are SEZ’s? (2 marks)
– State of SEZ’s in India? (4 marks)
– Way forward. (4 marks)
GS4 (Case study)
A member of your team has to take frequent leaves due to the health problems of her child. This results in more work load on her team members leading to anger. The team member is otherwise an ideal employee. How would you deal with this situation if you were the manager of this team?
Demand and Approach – No hints in case studies!