GS I (Simplex)
Do Vedas offer us direct evidence of social or political system in Vedic era, whether ordinary or elite? Critically examine.
Demand: Question’s demand is based on whether Vedas reveal about political/ social system during that period. You have to give the pros and cons to the answer.
- – Give references as to from where Vedas can provide evidence of these systems.
- – You can divide your answer by giving references from Early Vedic Period and Later Vedic Period and evidences coming from each of them.
- – Give the proper examination of points your are supporting in the same case.
GS II (Duplex)
The post Ottoman History of Turkey is marked by Coups and counter coups. Discuss why, Also highlight why India has never faced any coup till date.
Demand: Turkey has faced many coups and question is asking you to list the reasons for them. It also asks you to analyse why India hasn’t faced any.
- – Background of coups in Turkey.
- – Divide reasons between Primary and Secondary and explain each
- – Give an Indian angle as to why India was immune to such coups.
GS III ( Duplex)
What are the merits and demerits of direct benefits transfer (DBT) scheme in the Indian context? Enumerate.
Demand: Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme to be explained in context of it’s merits and demerits. It has to be explained with relevant examples/ case studies.
- – What is DBT?
- – Merits and Demerits of the scheme (with suitable examples wherever required)
- – Case Studies of actual functioning of scheme (from newspapers)
GS IV (Analytical = Simplex)
As a district collector you are overseeing the post-flood relief operations in your district. While going through the progress made you realise that relief operations have been particularly sporadic and ineffectual in a particular village of the district. On further investigations you come to know that the district is mostly inhabited by people considered historically “lower class”.
(1) What immediate steps you shall undertake to sensitize your officers against class biases in relief operations.
(2) What long term plans, in your opinion, shall ensure that such incidents do not recur.
Demand: Question is focussing on your personal values and that too at a time of critical situation. The gravity of the situations does not allow you to think about the class you are protecting but getting any person suffering, out of it.
- – Discrimination is morally and socially wrong. Explain in brief.
- – Divide the actions by officers on the following basis:
- – Immediate Actions (Prepare a team which can look into the matter and do whatever should be done instantly)
- – Long Term Actions (Relief operations require you to relocate people or provide people with their necessary habitat in terms of whatever they have lost in the floods)