Questions of the Day
GS Paper I (Indian Culture – Social Inclusion – Static + Dynamic)
Q#1. Indian society did not develop into a definite finished form in any period. What are plausible reasons for it.
Hint: By finished form – we mean that the culture never crystallised into a specific form. It always evolved. Why?
Demand: Analytical question that focusses upon thinking on the fabric of Indian Society and its evolution. Give reasons behind how you perceive the Indian Society.
- Opinion based question.
- Time and again country has always been attacked by foreign invaders.
- Cite relevant examples of invaders and the value attached to the same.
GS Paper II (Governance – Dynamic)
Q#2. ‘Public life must be spiritualized.’ Discuss it in context of recent amendment in section 44 brought out in Lokpal and Lokayukta Act 2013.
Demand: The statement of GK Gokhale in context of disclosure norms to be analysed. Put it in context to Lokpal and Lokayukta Bill.
- Both positives and negatives of amendments in the bill should be discussed.
- Undue criticism not warranted as given in some of the answers on the CD platform.
GS Paper III (Financial Inclusion – Static + Dynamic)
Q#3. ‘Banking is necessary, not banks.’ What made a thinker say so?
Demand: Analysis of changing economic environment, technology new modes of banking, Payment Bank,B.C.,e wallets altered traditional definition of Bank.
- This is 20 year old statement of Bill Gates reiterated by RBI Dep. Governor in his recent speech.
- Definition of Bank.
- Newer structures outside definition of Bank as per Banking Regulation Act
- Changing economic environment,technology new modes of banking, Payment Bank, B.C.,e wallets altered traditional definition of Bank
GS Paper IV (Dimension of Ethics in Personal Life – Static)
Q#4. ‘The very purpose of education is to transform ourselves from mirror to glass panes.’ Elucidate
Demand: Education opens up to learn and absorb rather than closed attitude.
- Thought based question.
- Can be enriched by citing relevant personal and social examples where attitudinal changes were experienced because of education.
- Add education not confined to securing grades but a continuous enriching process.