We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
[op-ed snap] If food prices rise
Services Trade Restrictiveness Index by OECD
[pib] 7th Economic Census 2019
[op-ed snap] Missing demand: on economic slowdown
[op-ed snap] IBC hits and misses
Graphite mining in Arunachal Pradesh
Reserve Bank proposes 24×7 NEFT money transfer
[op-ed snap] Trade troubles
[op-ed snap] External woes
RBI asks NBFCs to appoint Chief Risk Officer
Explained: Why an industrial policy is crucial
Enviro & Biodiversity
DNA database for Indian Rhino
Herbivore census in Gujarat’s Gir forest
Coastal Regulation Zone: How rules for building along coast have evolved
[pib] Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR)
[op-ed snap] Facing the climate emergency
[op-ed snap] Green is cool
[pib] Sasakawa Award for Disaster Risk Reduction
Global Drug Survey Report 2018
National Institute of Nutrition
Explained: Strait of Hormuz — the world’s most important oil artery
[op-ed snap] All out at sea
India signs ‘Christchurch Call to Action’
[op-ed snap] Slippery slope
[op-ed snap]Charting a clear course in the Indo-Pacific
[op-ed snap] Redactive pricing audit and the CAG’s duties
[op-ed snap] No apology, please
Explained: Article 324 and the special role of Election Commission
NASA’s Artemis to put first woman on Moon
Person in news: Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
Poly-Di-Ketoenamine (PDK): New plastic that could be fully recycled
[pib] High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT)
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Redactive Pricing Audit
- Strait of hormuz
- Indo Pacific Vision of India
- External Trade Troubles
- Economic Census
- Climate Challenges
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.