1.Kuril islands – In the news, for dispute between Japan and Russia
2.Falkland island – Argentina seeks support of Saudis for this british territory
3.Rohingya island – Refugees of a distinct Muslim ethnic group who are effectively stateless have been fleeing Myanmar.
4.Houthis – Shia rebels from north Yemen (Shia(Iran support) vs Sunni(Saudi support) conflict in Yemen – so, India’s Rahat operation) so, was in news.
5.Spartly islands –Territorial dispute between Brunei, China,Malaysia,the Philippines,Taiwan, and Vietnam.(Mostly Chinese dominant claim)
6.Taro Island (in Solomon sea) – located nearby to the northeast part Australia
(Planning to migration bcoz of rising seas/Global warming).
7. Lake Victoria – It is the largest lake in Africa and chief reservoir of the Nile, lying mainly in Tanzania and Uganda but bordering on Kenya.
8. Fuego Volcano –
• On 3 June 2018,the volcano suddenly produced its most powerful eruption since 1974.
• Guatemala (Central America)
• UNESCO declared ‘Sabratha’ heritage site to be at high risk, mainly due to damage caused by armed groups.
• It lies on the Mediterranean coast, west of modern Tripoli, Libya.
10.Andaman and Nicobar
• The Government recently announced the renaming of
three islands of Andaman and Nicobar archipelago as a
tribute to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
• It lies to the south of Myanmar, west of Thailand, and north
• Ross Island was renamed as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
• Neil Island as Shaheed Dweep
• Havelock Island as Swaraj Dweep.