From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Aarogyapath platform
Mains level : Not Much
AarogyaPath Platform has been recently launched to provide real-time availability of critical healthcare supplies.
Possible prelims question:
Q. The AarogyaPath platform recently seen in news is related to:
Options: a) Tracking of COVID patients/ b) Emergency ambulances service/c) Supply-chain solutions of healthcare facilities/ d)E-com portal for generic medicines …
- The information platform named AarogyaPath with a vision of providing a path which leads one on a journey towards Aarogya (healthy life) has been developed by the CSIR.
- During the present national health emergency arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic, wherein there is a severe disruption in the supply chain, the ability to produce and deliver the critical items may be compromised due to a variety of reasons.
- The platform would serve manufacturers, suppliers and customers.
- CSIR expects AarogyaPath to become the national healthcare information platform of choice in the years to come.
- It would fill a critical gap in last-mile delivery of patient care within India through improved availability and affordability of healthcare supplies.
- This platform provides single-point availability of key healthcare goods that can be helpful to customers in tackling a number of routinely experienced issues.
- These issues include dependence on limited suppliers, time-consuming processes to identify good quality products, limited access to suppliers who can supply standardized products at reasonable prices within desired timelines, lack of awareness about the latest product launches, etc.
- It also helps manufacturers and suppliers to reach a wide network of customers efficiently, overcoming gaps in connectivity between them and potential demand centres like nearby pathological laboratories, medical stores, hospitals, etc.
- It will also create opportunities for business expansion due to an expanded slate of buyers and visibility of new requirements for products.
- Over time, analytics from this platform is expected to generate early signals to manufacturers on overcapacity as well as on looming shortages.