From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : CHAMPIONS Portal
Mains level : Various moves to boost MSME sector
Recently PM has launched the technology platform CHAMPIONS as a one-stop-shop solution of MSME Ministry.
At the very first sight, the name CHAMPIONS creates a delusion. It looks more of an HRD initiative. Here lies the risk! Please cautiously make a personal note here. Demarcate all such initiatives on an A4 page.
- CHAMPIONS stand for Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength.
- The portal is basically for making the smaller units big by solving their grievances, encouraging, supporting, helping and handholding.
- It is a technology-packed control room-cum-management information system.
- It is also fully integrated on a real-time basis with GOI’s main grievances portal CPGRAMS and MSME Ministry’s own other web-based mechanisms.
- This ICT based system is set up to help the MSMEs in a present difficult situation and also to handhold them to become national and international champions.
- Grievance Redressal: To resolve the problems of MSMEs including those of finance, raw materials, labour, regulatory permissions etc particularly in the COVID created a difficult situation;
- To help them capture new opportunities: including manufacturing of medical equipment and accessories like PPEs, masks, etc and supply them in National and International markets;
- To identify and encourage the sparks:e. the potential MSMEs who are able to withstand the current situation and can become national and international champions.