From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : CO-WIN
Mains level : Vaccination challenges in India
A New Digital platform ‘CO-WIN’ is being used for COVID-19 Vaccine Delivery.
Q.India’s first mass adult vaccination drive against COVID-19 is a difficult task. Explain.
- This user friendly mobile app for recording vaccine data is working as a beneficiary management platform having various modules.
- The platform will be used for recording vaccine data and will form a database of healthcare workers too.
- The app will have separate modules for administrator, registration, vaccination, beneficiary acknowledgement and reports.
- Once people start to register for the app, the platform will upload bulk data on co-morbidity provided by local authorities.
- In the process of forming database of Healthcare Workers, which is in an advanced stage across all States/UTs, data is presently being uploaded on the Co-WIN platform.
Prioritized Population Groups include:
- Healthcare Workers in both Government and Private Healthcare facilities
- Frontline Workers including personnel from state and central police department, armed forces, home guard, civil defence organizations, disaster management volunteers and municipal workers and
- Prioritized Age Group, which includes those aged above 50 years & those with co-morbidities
(Note: This is not the sequence, but categorization.)