From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Kangra Tea
Mains level : Not Much
The chemicals in Kangra tea are found to be effective in boosting immunity as they can block coronavirus activity better than anti-HIV drugs.
It would be no surprise to expect a question based on worldwide tea production:
Q. Among the following, which one is the largest exporter of rice in the world in the last five years? (CSP 2019)
- Kangra tea is a tea from the Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Both black tea and green tea have been produced in the Kangra Valley since the mid-19th century.
- After a feasibility survey in 1848 showed the area of being suitable for tea plantation, a Chinese variety of Camellia sinensis was planted across the region.
- Kangra tea is known for its unique colour and flavour.
- The unique characteristics of the tea are attributed to the geographical properties of the region.
- Kangra tea was given the Geographical Indication status in 2005. Tea was first grown in the Kangra region in the mid-19th century.
Benefits of Kangra Tea
- Using computer-based models, the scientists screened 65 bioactive chemicals or polyphenols that could bind to a specific viral protein more efficiently than commercially available anti-HIV drugs approved for treating COVID-19 patients.
- These chemicals might block the activity of the viral protein that helps the virus to thrive inside human cells.
Back2Basics: Lopinavir/ Ritonavir
- Lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r), sold under the brand name Kaletra among others, is a fixed-dose combination medication for the treatment and prevention of HIV/AIDS.
- It combines lopinavir with a low dose of ritonavir.
- It is generally recommended for use with other antiretrovirals.
I appreciate this article becoz I am having Kangra green tea every day
Kangra green the for well being and good health http://www.kangravalleytea.com
Is the authentic Kangra green tea store online