From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Particulars of the ODOP
Mains level: The newscard discusses the aspiring project of UP govt. which can be taken as a trial for implementing such project at a national level.
One District One Product (Ek Zila – Ek Utpadan) Scheme
- Under this scheme, UP govt. will provide Rs. 25000/- to local craftsmen and entrepreneurs in the upcoming 5 years.
- The primary objective of this scheme is to focus on a particular product and raise its quality to compete in the international market.
- This scheme is aimed to provide job opportunities to 25 lakh unemployed candidates across the state of UP.
- One District One Product Scheme will raise the GDP of the state up to 2 percent.
- Each district will be assigned a product under Ek Zila – Ek Utpadan Scheme.
- Ex: Kannauj- Perfume, Agra- Leather etc.