From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : SARTHAQ
Mains level : Not Much
Union Education Minister has launched ‘Students’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement through Quality Education (SARTHAQ), the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 implementation plan for school education.
- SARTHAQ keeps in mind the concurrent nature of education and adheres to the spirit of federalism.
- The plan delineates the roadmap for the implementation of NEP 2020 for the next 10 years.
- States and Union Territories have been given the flexibility to adapt the plan with “local contextualization”.
- They have been allowed to modify the plan as per their needs and requirements.
- Increase in Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER), Net Enrolment Ratio (NER), transition rate and retention rate at all levels and reduction in dropouts and out of school children.
- Access to quality ECCE and Universal Acquisition of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy by Grade 3.
- Improvement in Learning Outcomes at all stages with an emphasis on teaching and learning through mother tongue/local/regional languages in the early years.
- Integration of vocational education, sports, arts, knowledge of India, 21st-century skills, values of citizenship, awareness of environment conservation, etc. in the curriculum at all stages.
- Introduction of Experiential learning at all stages and adoption of innovative pedagogies by teachers in classroom transaction.
- Integration of technology in educational planning and governance and availability of ICT and quality e-content in classrooms.