[Prelims Spotlight] Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, SWAJAL yojana

Here are  Back2Basics collections from today’s news items

B2B #1: From news – India, Uzbekistan to route their trade though Chabahar

Shanghai Cooperation Organisation

  1. The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is a Eurasian political, economic, and security organization
  2. The organization, formed in 2001, aims to boost cooperation in economic and security matters between China, Pakistan, India, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan
  3. India and Pakistan joined SCO as full members on 9 June 2017 at a summit in Astana, Kazakhstan
  4. Iran, Mongolia, Afghanistan, and Belarus have been granted observer status in SCO
  5. In 2017, SCO’s eight full members account for approximately half of the world’s population, a quarter of the world’s GDP, and about 80% of Eurasia’s landmass

B2B #2: From news  :  Niti Aayog seeks views on rationalisation of trade margins in medical devices

Drug Price Control Orders (DPCO)

  1. DPCO are issued by the DoP under Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers, in the exercise of the powers conferred under section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
  2. This enables the Government to declare a ceiling price for essential and life-saving medicines and ensure that these medicines are available at a reasonable price to the general public.
  3. The latest DPCO was issued in 2013

Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts

Name of the scheme : SWAJAL yojana

Objectives : 90% of the project cost will be taken care of by the government while the rest 10% of the project cost which will be contributed by the community

Salient Features :  It is a community owned drinking water programme which will not only ensure round-the-year availability of clean drinking water but also generate employment. – Besides ensuring the availability of clean drinking water to every household round the year, the project would also generate employment. – It is the second project under the Swajal Yojana. Prior to this, it has been launched in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.

Nodal Ministry : Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation

User Avatar

By Explains

Explain the News

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments


Join us across Social Media platforms.

💥FREE for 24 Hours Prelims Notes
This is default text for notification bar