Here are Back2Basics collections from today’s news items
Ease of Doing Business Index
- Ease of Doing Business is an index of World Bank which inter alia refers to the dispute resolution environment in a country which facilitates the investors in deciding for setting up of and operation of a business.
- This index has been created by the World Bank Group and since 2002; it has been evaluating almost all the countries of the world.
- A high ease of doing business ranking means the regulatory environment is more conducive to the starting and operation of the business.
- India has emerged out as one among top ten improvers and for the first time ever, India has jumped 30 positions.
- India reached 100th ranked country in terms of ‘Ease of Doing Business’ amongst 190 countries.
- This manifests that India is fast adopting the best practices in regulatory framework for Ease of Doing Business at all fronts.
As a part of revision for Prelims 2018, Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Key words related to History : Parigraha
Dynasty/era : Mahavira period
Meaning : 1.Parigraha-parimana is one the 12 vratas or vows of a layperson in Jainism. Specifically, it is a vow to limit attachment to worldly possessions. 2.Unlike monks or ascetics who observe such vows more strictly, the layperson may make a vow to limit his or her attachment to certain possessions or a certain number of possessions, or they may vow to limit attachment for a specified period of time.