B2B #1: From news – US approves sale of Apache helicopters, missiles to India
India-US Defence Cooperation
- India-US defence trade cooperation continues to expand, including through the US-India Defence Trade and Technology Initiative, a partnership begun in 2012.
- It seeks to create opportunities for US-India co-production and co-development, foster science and technology cooperation, and remove bureaucratic barriers to trade, the official said.
- In 2016, India was also awarded the status of a US major defence partner, which allows India to receive license-free access to a wide range of military and dual-use technologies that are regulated by the Department of Commerce.
- The two countries also agreed to an updated ten-year Defence Framework Agreement in June 2015 to guide and expand their bilateral defence and strategic partnership until 2025.
B2B #2: From news – 20 States on board to implement Ayushman Bharat
Ayushman Bharat — National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM)
- The scheme was announced in the Budget 2018
- The scheme will provide a cover of ₹5 lakh per family per year
- There will be no cap on family size and age
- The benefits cover will include pre and post-hospitalization expenses
- All pre-existing conditions will be covered from day one of the policy
- A defined transport allowance per hospitalization will also be paid to the beneficiary
Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Key words related to History : Kaivalya
Dynasty/era : Mahavira period
Meaning : 1.Kaivalya is a state of solitude, aloneness, isolation and detachment. The word is derived from the Sanskrit kevala, meaning “alone” or “isolated.” 2.It is a separation of purusha (Self or Soul) from prakriti (primal matter). The state of kaivalya is the main goal of Raja yoga. 3.It is a detachment and independence from relationships, egoism, attraction, aversion and the cycle of birth and death. One can achieve this state by performing austerities, yoga practice and discipline. One who achieves this state is called a Kevalin.