Join Test series here: Click2Join
Demolish UPSC series
We are releasing 60+ Hours of Advanced Video Lectures on Static subjects – Polity, History, Geography, Economy
These cover the most important topics from prelims perspective
Basic knowledge will be helpful in understanding these though it’s not mandatory
CD remains committed to its students’ success. We are ready to go the extra mile to turn your dreams into reality. For students joining before the end of this month, you will get it for Rs. 6372 (Special 10% discounted TS price)
Link for buying test series + video lectures: Click2Join
For other students joining after June 30, the price would be Rs. 7000 + taxes
Here is the detailed schedule of lectures:
Watch video to know how we ensure you get 120+ score in Prelims
The only TS that is supervised by top rankers and provides personalised attention to students. Check out the 7 points that make it the best in the market.
It goes without saying that Civilsdaily’s Flagship Test Series Program has created a name for itself. It is preferred among students in their advanced stages of preparation.
Here is what ABHILASH BARANWAL, AIR 44, CSE-2017 had to say about CD
Here is what JITENDRA KUMAR SHARMA, AIR 392, CSE-2017 had to say –
This year, we have upgraded the program to make it the best offering in the market.
Introducing CD Prime TS 2019.
1. Two-tier quality check – Our questions pass through a rigorous true stage assessment criteria. The first being done by CD’s core content team with the final approval from a coterie of rankers.
2. Comprehensive program w/ Advanced Video Lectures – Our TS is a full-fledged course in itself! We provide over 60 hours of Advanced Video Lectures. Our questions with detailed explanation are a study material in themselves. Effective for both, beginners and advanced users.
3. Introducing question-types – Judging the quality of any TS is very subjective. While some will say its great, others will say its quality has decreased over time. That is why we have introduced the concept of question-types. They ensure consistency in quality. How? We have explained that in the end.
4. Dedicated monthly CA Tests – Exclusive focus on Current Affairs(CA) by having dedicated monthly CA tests. Besides, exhaustively preparing for CA questions, it has helped students precisely figure out what their weaknesses are.
5. Tikdams and mastering the art of intelligent guesses – Tikdam Technique is an innovation by Dr. V(AIR 20) and has helped students gain additional marks. Our TS is the only TS that puts a conscious effort to build student’s risk-taking appetite.
6. Subject and sub-subject Level Tagging – These tags will help you understand the importance of themes and revise other questions from them.
7. Telegram Groups moderated by Toppers. Mentorship taken to a whole new level. You will be helped at every step of the way.
View the detailed schedule of test series with complete booklist to be followed here: Click2View
What are questions types
Wherever applicable, we will try to stick to the format decided below. It standardizes questions to a decent extent.
A. Consolidation Questions
These questions consolidate information on a key theme that is spread across different topics to help you see concepts holistically and also aid retention.
Eg. Consider this question. You would not have studied all the ‘Majorities’ together but under separate topics. This question will help you understand the concept in entirety.
Consider the following questions on the types of Majority
1. Special Majority of not less than 2/3 of the Members present and voting is required in the passage of a resolution under Art. 249 and Art. 312ONLY.
2. Impeachment of the President requires Not less than 2/3 of the Members present and voting along with Majority of the Total Strength of the House.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Explanation – A very detailed account of the types of Majority is given here https://www.civilsdaily.com/blog/types-of-majorities/
Statement 1 is correct despite having ‘ONLY’ in it.
B. Comparative Questions
Comparative questions help you understand the relative differences between related topics. Consider the question below. Instead of asking a question on HC or SC separately, we have clubbed it together.
Consider the following statements with respect to the appointment of judges of High Court & Supreme Court
1. The minimum qualifications prescribed in the Constitution is same for judges of HC & SC.
2. While SC judges are appointed by the President, HC judges are appointed by the SC.
Which of the following is/are incorrect?
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
Explanation – 3 qualifications are common to both judges of HC and SC
1. Citizen of India
2. Judge of HC for 5 years
3. Advocate in HC for 10 years
In case of judges of SC, there is an additional qualification – If he/she is a distinguished Jurist in the opinion of the President. Judges of HC are also appointed by the President. The controversy around appointments has been in news very frequently. Please read – https://www.civilsdaily.com/story/judicial-appointments-conundrum-post-njac-verdict/
C. Interactive Questions
These questions will ask you to go through a concept/related concepts and reply back with comments. This will help you re-visit the entire concept rather than simply answer one specific aspect of the topic.
Eg., consider the following question –
The conversion of Ammonia (NH3) to nitrite (NO2-) and then to nitrates (NO3-) is called
In this process, the ammonia is converted into nitrate by the presence of bacteria in the soil. Ammonia is oxidized to form nitrites by bacteria such as Nitrosomonas species. Nitrates are converted into nitrates by Nitrobacter. This conversion is very important as ammonia gas is toxic for plants.
Make a note of all the processes involved in the Nitrogen Cycle – nitrogen fixation, assimilation, ammonification, nitrification, and denitrification process.
Leave their definitions/organisms involved in the comments.
D. Star-marked/special questions
These are advanced questions that are not from standard sources but relevant for the exam. These questions will help you build additional knowledge without going through specialized books.
Eg. Questions on books by freedom-fighters, News not covered by the Hindu, IE, PIB but of very high importance in world affairs.
Besides these, questions indirectly related to CA will also be asked.
Do I need to join a TS for prelims at all?
Despite UPSC being unpredictable, prelims TS is the only program that can help you assess how your preparation is. Besides few questions that are directly asked from TS, it helps in developing a good understanding of how to prepare/what to prepare/what to prioritize and so on.
In today’s hyper-competitive exam scenario, it’s almost impossible to clear the exam without a good TS in hand.
Join Test series here: Click2Join