article/opinion/columns/covid- crisis-employment-education- skill-universities-6458972/
- Employment has been a recurring theme of the UPSC papers. Consider 2014 question ” “While we flaunt India’s demographic dividend, we ignore the dropping employability” What are we missing while doing so? Where will the jobs that India desperately needs come from? Explain.
- So, in this question, in your intro, you should cite figures about the low employability of Indian youth from any employability report.
- In the body, focus on the issues that skill education in India faces-such as regulatory issues, financing issues, placement issues etc.
- In suggestions, regulatory changes, proper financing and use of technology can be included.
- Conclude by stressing how focusing on skill education through skill universities could contribute to increasing the skills and employability of Indian youth.