Are you a staunch aspirant of UPSC IAS exam? if yes, you should keep in mind that Civilsdaily provides the best 1-1 mentorship program on UPSC CSE preparation. In 2021 merit list, 200+ selections are from our mentorship program.
The Hindu has acknowledged the success rate of our mentorship program
Table of content:
- What are UPSC Previous Year Paper?
- How many previous year papers are required?
- Why are Previous year paper so important?
- How to utilize them
- Supplementary of Previous paper.
- Online workshop on UPSC Previous year paper
What are UPSC Previous Year Paper?
UPSC Previous year papers are those sets of questions that went before in time and order. Like all other exams, there are copies of UPSC-CSE PYQs exist. You can download PDFs of PYQs from the Civilsdaily. And analyze what types of questions are asked in Civil Service Examination.
How many previous year papers are required?
Previous year’s papers are the core and essence of the UPSC preparation. But, how many previous questions really play an important role!
After mentoring 5000+ IAS aspirants, the Civilsdaily senior IAS mentors team has made a list of essential previous question papers, an IAS aspirant must do.
|Past 10 years’ questions are needful||Past 5 years’ questions are needful|
|Essay||Previous 5 years|
|GS – I||Previous 10 years|
|GS – II||Previous 10 years|
|GS – III||Previous 3 years|
|GS – IV||Previous 6 years|
|Optional Subject||Previous 12 years|
Importance of previous questions
From toppers to Mentors, none can deny the significance of the previous year’s question papers. They are important from different angles.
- Every exam is unique in itself. So, the exam patterns also differ from one another. To know the Ques. pattern, the role of PYQs is undeniable.
- They help us know the difficulty level of the questions. And in how much depth we should maintain while preparing the subjects.
- Previous Years’ questions let us know those pet topics of the exams.
- To know the dynamic trends, PYQs are incomparable.
- PYQs work as the pieces of equipment for a fence. You can have a grip on the entire syllabus following them.
How to do them
If you wish to start UPSC Preparation without coaching, make previous years’ question papers your mentor.
Read and analyze the previous years’ question papers in the following ways so that it means a lot to you.
Previous Years’ Question Papers (UPSC Prelims)
- Previous 10 Years Question papers of GS-1
- Previous 5 Years Question Papers of GS-2 (CSAT – A qualifying paper)
Now, start investing 30 days to 45 days to analyze them fully and comprehensively.
- Take a note of the weightage of the topic and subject-wise questions.
- Try to comprehend how UPSC connected current affairs with static.
- In CSAT, start solving papers one by one from the second day.
- Try to find out offbeat questions. And the way how UPSC designed such questions.
- Every question has its unique demand. Identify them.
- Take a note of whether the trend of a question from a particular chapter has been going towards an easier level or a more difficult level.
- Always do the pet chapters in 360 degrees.
It’s undeniable fact that UPSC preparation starts with previous question papers but gets velocity with essential books, Daily MCQs, Test Series, Daily answer writing, etc.
Supplementary for Prelims
Supplementary for Mains
All the question papers mentioned above are co-related. If you miss one, others may not help you.
Online Workshop on UPSC previous question papers strategy
You are doing previous question papers. And that’s appreciated. But, have you ever thought that all the aspirants are also doing the same? Then how our ‘Hall of Fame’ toppers distinguished themselves on the final merit list!
To gain more accuracy, speed, and performance and To save time, money & energy, they used to attend Online workshops on IAS prep strategy with senior IAS mentors.