Question: The general perception of heritage in India is biased towards historical monuments, artifacts and scriptures. Analyze the reasons for such a perception and suggest a broad framework of scope of what heritage should constitute with reasons.
1. Meaning of Heritage
2. What has been the perception of heritage it comprises
(a) Historical monuments
3. Reasons for such a perception
(a) British rule & its effect
(b) Similarity of perception carried on towards similarity in history culture & heritage
(c) Apathy and disguised understanding towards nature
(d) Repetitiveness of Image and close identification, Heritage image repetition through exhibition
(e) Scholarly and academic work specialization
(f) Abysmal state of disciplines of natural sciences
(g) Perception intensification through festive moments
4. Framework for what constitutes heritage – The word has several different senses, including:
(a) Natural heritage, an inheritance of flora and fauna, geology, landscape and landforms, and other natural resources
-Various geological formations.
-Various types of physiographic differences and diversities
-The natural vegetation includes variety of species, preferring a specific ecological niche and some endemic species.
5. Indian Human variations as Heritage
6. Cultural heritage, the legacy of physical artifacts and intangible attributes of a group or society that is man-made heritage includes monuments, artifacts, sculptures, paintings and their theme, literature, and various other entertainment forms
7. Food heritage
8. Industrial heritage, monuments from industrial culture
9. Virtual Heritage, work dealing with cultural heritage
10. Inheritance of physical goods after the death of an individual; of the physical or non-physical things inherited
11. Heredity, biological inheritance of physical characteristics, and birthright, something inherited due to the place, time, or circumstances of someone’s birth
12. Kinship, the relationship between entities that share a genealogical origin, and
13. Thinking attributes such as patience, affection tolerance which has permeated in the people through its cultural milieu and upbringing.