Low Priority Items of the Day:
Direct tax collections rise 15.8% in H1 FY’18
Net direct tax collections for the first half of the financial year, at Rs. 3.86 lakh crore, were 15.8% higher than the collections in the same period of the previous year, according to official data released on Wednesday.
Important part of the news is given above. But still, it is of very less importance to write down, every increase or decrease in tax collections.
Solar scam: Chandy to face vigilance probe
The government has asked Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau (V&ACB) and a Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by ADGP, North Zone, Rajesh Diwan, to probe the charges against Mr. Chandy and his personal staff.
Corruption is a serious concern and a important topic for the UPSC exam. But it is not important to go through individual cases of corruption.
Anupam Kher is FTII chairman
Veteran actor Anupam Kher was on Wednesday appointed the new chairperson of the premier Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) replacing Gajendra Chauhan.
Important part of the news is given above. No need to go through the complete article.
Learning from history
On January 30, 1948, at a time when northern and eastern India continued to be devastated by the horrors unleashed by the Partition, another appalling event rocked the newly independent and still fragile nation, the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
The Op-Ed talks about the historical overview of the Killing of Mahatma Gandhi(from a strictly personal point of view). These kind of articles are not important from the UPSC exam.
Other initiatives @ CD
- 100 Most Probable Q&A for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 100 Most Probable Issues for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 60 Most Probable Ethics Case Studies | IAS 2017-18: Click2Get
- Target Mains Q&A Compilation- September 2017: Click2Get
- Prelims 2017 Analysis + Directions for Prelims 2018 Workbook by Dr. V: Click2buy
- Civils Digest + Prelims Daily compilation released for September 2017: Click2buy the 6 month compilation for 99 only
- Flagship Prelims TS Batch 2 started on 15th September: Click2join | Contact us for any more queries at firstname.lastname@example.org | Call us at 8823831311