One of these questions would have application of Tikdams. Tikdams are smart hacks which help you arrive at the right answer with basic knowledge. Broadly speaking, there are 2 types:
- Elimination Tikdams: Extrapolate your basic knowledge to eliminate options which appear out of context. Zero down on 2 choices and then mark the question as per your risk appetite
- Estimation Tikdams: Read the question well and work out the answer from within the options – Most of the times UPSC plays with words or embeds clues within the question. A smart aspirant figures them out!
Note: Please comment your responses to questions in the comment section. It will help you in assessing yourself.
Q.1) Which of the following organisation has recently published the ‘World Inequality Report 2018’?
a) World Wealth & Income Database
Even if you would have not heard about this report you can still solve this question with a bit of common sense. The report name is World inequality report. All the last 3 options which were mentioned in this question has nothing to do with economics. WHO deals with Global health, UNESCO with culture and heritage, UNICEF with Child rights. Therefore, no way they can release a report on inequality. Once we eliminate the last 3 options from the scene, the only option remaining is the 1st option whose name also suggests that it can release the World inequality report.
Q.2) ‘Gomukh’ is a terminus of which of the following glaciers?
Q.3) Consider the following statement about net neutrality:
1. Net neutrality means that governments and internet service providers treat all data on the internet equally and does not differentially charge consumers for higher-quality delivery or giving preferential treatment to certain websites.
2.Net neutrality is not mandatory in India
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
Q.4) Which of the following passed constitutional amendments have provided reservation for women in election?
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
a) 1, 2 and 3
b) 1 and 3 only
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 1 and 2 only
Q.5) What is ‘Kepler’, sometimes seen in news?
a) Earth based telescope
b) Space Observatory
c) Gravitational-wave observatory
d) None of the above
Q.6) The national green tribunal act. 2010 was enacted in consonance with which of the following provisions of the constitution of India?
1. Right to healthy environment, construed as a part of Right to life under article 21
2. Provision of grants for raising the level of administration in the scheduled areas for the welfare of scheduled tribes under article 275(1)
3. Powers and functions of gram Sabah as mentioned under article 243 (A)
select the correct answer:
a) 1 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Q.7) If national water mission is properly and completely implemented how will it impact the country?
1. Part of the water needs of urban areas will be met through recycling of waste water.
2. The water requirements of coastal cities with inadequate alternative sources of water will be met by adopting appropriate technologies that allow for the use of ocean water.
3. All the rivers of Himalayan origin will be linked to the rivers of peninsular India
4. The expenses incurred by farmers for digging bore wells and for installing motors and pump sets to draw groundwater will be completely reimbursed by the Government.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
a) 1 only
b) 1 and 2 only
c) 3 and 4 only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Q.8) Consider the following provisions under the Directive Principles of State Policy as enshrined in the Constitution of India:
1. Securing for citizens of India a uniform civil code
2. Organising village panchayats
3. Promoting cottage industries in rural areas
4. Securing for all the workers reasonable leisure and cultural opportunities.
Which of the above are the Gandhian Principles that are reflected in the Directive Principles of State Policy?
a) 1, 2 and 4 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1, 3 and 4 only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
1. Daily newscards have been enriched with back2basics and note2students – Make notes daily
2. Liked Tikdams? Join our Flagship TS which helps you perfect this approach – Flagship Prelims for IAS 2018
3. For attempting previous Prelims Daily Questions – Click here