The Press Information Bureau, commonly abbreviated as PIB, is a nodal agency of the Government of India. PIB disseminates information to the print, electronic and new media on
- Government plans,
- Programme initiatives and
All of these 4 pointers are of immense importance for IAS Prelims. The unique feature of PIB is that by the very nature of its roles & responsibilities, it never misses on any news (however unglamorous) related to policy matters. And this is precisely what UPSC looks for – How well versed an aspirant is with the priority areas of Indian Governance (Polity, Economics, World Affairs).
It is possible that Hindu or Indian Express might not cover (or give them lesser space) small, seemingly insignificant declarations like SWAYAM, TEEB etc. (which came in IAS Prelims 2016) but PIB ensures that everything is covered.
[IAS 2016] With reference to an initiative called ‘The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB)’, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- It is initiative hosted by UNEP, IMF and World Economic Forum.
- It is a global initiative that focuses on drawing attention to the economic benefits of biodiversity.
- It presents an approach that can help decision-makers recognize, demonstrate and capture the value of ecosystems and biodiversity.
Select the correct answer using the code given below
- a) 1 and 2 only
- b) 3 Only
- c) 2 and 3 only
- d) 1, 2 and 3
[IAS 2016] SWAYAM’, an initiative of the Government of India, aims at
(a) promoting the Self Help Groups in rural areas
(b) providing financial and technical assistance to young start-up entrepreneurs
(c) promoting the education and health of adolescent girls
(d) providing affordable and quality education to the citizens for free
Daily PIB Releases on Civilsdaily App & Web
Civilsdaily’s team has been working on making PIB summaries interesting for you by selecting only the most relevant Trivia out of the daily releases and summarising them in a Q&A manner on newscards.
These are available on App’s newscards and on the left sidebar of the civilsdaily.com homepage – PIB Releases.
- All of these news summaries are made from Daily PIB Releases
- Make sure you go through them and bookmark/ make notes according to your preference
- We are enriching the regular PIB News with Back2basics & Note4students pointers so that you get the maximum out of your study time
Let us know if you like this initiative as a part of your daily news analysis.