From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : AI
Mains level : Paper 3- AI and its applications
The article tracks the latest developments in the field of AI by the leading technology companies.
Integrating AI in the phone
- Over the last few years, most mobile phone manufacturers have been content with design upgrades, apart from specs.
- Samsung launched a device which has been able to integrate artificial intelligence (AI) in its phones.
- In the case of S-Pen, Samsung demonstrated that it has been able to reduce latency between pen operation and what appears on the screen to 9 milliseconds using predictive analysis.
- Latency is a major concern in technologies like smart cars.
- Samsung also showcased active noise cancellation, which again uses prediction analysis to drown out ambient noises.
- Apple’s virtual event also focused on higher integration and more uses of AI.
- Siri has become even smarter and is increasingly being integrated with more services.
- The camera function of Apple devices, for instance, pieces together a picture using best angles to create the perfect image.
- Samsung and Apple now can monitor health more accurately using their smartwatches.
- This indicates how much further we are moving towards a future with more edge computing.
- This computing will power technologies like a smart car.
- Given the progress in IoT, there is a huge likelihood that those betting early on AI integration will reap the biggest rewards of the connected living market.
Consider the question “What is artificial intelligence? How it could transform the world of technology?”
Integration of AI in the devices we use in everyday life holds a promising future for us. India must encourage its development.