From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : MANAS Platform
Mains level : Not Much
The MANAS App to promote wellbeing across age groups was recently launched.
Name, acronym and the purpose; thats all. The rest of the theory is of less importance.
- MANAS is an acronym for Mental Health and Normalcy Augmentation System.
- It is a comprehensive, scalable, and national digital wellbeing platform and an app developed to augment the mental well-being of Indian citizens.
- MANAS was initiated by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India and jointly executed by NIMHANS Bengaluru, AFMC Pune and C-DAC Bengaluru.
- It was endorsed as a national program by the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- It integrates the health and wellness efforts of various government ministries, scientifically validated indigenous tools with gamified interfaces developed/researched by various national bodies and research institutions.