From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : National Open Access Registry (NOAR)
Mains level : Not Much
National Open Access Registry (NOAR) has successfully gone live from 1st May 2022.
What is NOAR?
- NOAR is a centralized online platform through which the short-term open access to the inter-state transmission system is being managed in India.
- It is an integrated platform accessible to all stakeholders in the power sector, including open access customers (both sellers and buyers), power traders, power exchanges, National/Regional/State LDCs and others.
- The platform provides automation in the workflow to achieve shorter turnaround time for the transactions.
- NOAR platform also has a payment gateway integrated for making payments related to interstate short-term open access transactions.
- NOAR platform provides transparency and seamless flow of information among stakeholders of open access.
- Centralized System: Single point electronic platform for all the stakeholders
- Automated Process: Automated administration process of the short-term open access
- Common Interface: Interface with the RLDCs scheduling applications and Power Exchanges (s)
- Payment Gateway: Make payments related to STOA transactions