From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : SAKSHAM portal
Mains level : MSMS sector and its job potential
The Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) has launched SAKSHAM, a dynamic job portal for mapping the skills of Shramiks.
The name SAKSHAM closely leans towards HRD, Employment and Entrepreneurship developments. Make a note of it. It can create confusion while revision.
- SAKSHAM is an acronym for Shramik Shakti Manch.
- The portal with the demand and supply data uses an algorithm and AI tools, for geospatial information on demand and availability of Shramiks, and also provides analysis on skill training programmes of Shramiks.
- It would directly connect Shramiks with MSMEs and facilitate placement of blue-collar jobs.
- The pilot portal originally initiated with two districts is now being launched as an all India portal.
- A dynamic job portal – an opportunity for Shramiks and MSMEs
- Facilitate the creation of 10 lakh blue-collar jobs
- Direct connect between Shramiks and MSMEs, no middleman in between
- Minimise migration of Shramiks – job opportunity in proximate MSMEs