From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : VidyaDaan initiative
Mains level : Various e-learning initiaitves
The Union HRD Ministry has e-launched VidyaDaan 2.0 program for inviting e-learning content contributions.
There are various web/portals/apps with peculiar names such as YUKTI, DISHA, SWAYAM etc. Their core purpose is similar with slight differences. Pen them down on a separate sheet under the title various digital HRD initiatives.
Add one more to this list.
- ‘Vidya Daan’ is a digital program to enable contributions to improve teaching & learning.
- It encourages the sharing of high quality, curated, relevant & curriculum-linked digital content.
- This program attempts to synergize countrywide developments in the field of education by providing schools all over India, from the Metro cities to the smallest villages with good quality e-content.
How does it work?
- VidyaDaan has a content contribution tool that provides a structured interface for the contributors to register and contribute different types of content (such as, explanation videos, presentations, competency-based items, quizzes etc.), for any grade (from grade 1 to 12), for any subject as specified by the states/UTs.
About phase 2.0
- The programme has been re-launched due to the increasing requirement for e-learning content for students especially in the backdrop of the situation arising out of COVID- 19.