From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Zabarwan Mountains
Mains level : NA
Prime Minister has asked tourists to visit the tulip garden, located at the foothills of the Zabarwan range in Jammu and Kashmir.
Try this PYQ from CSP 2020:
Q.Siachen Glacier is situated to the
(a) East of Aksai Chin
(b) East of Leh
(c)North of Gilgit
(d) North of Nubra Valley
- The Zabarwan Range is a short sub-mountain range between Pir Panjal and the Great Himalayan Range in the central part of the Kashmir Valley.
- Specifically, the range is known to be what overlooks the Dal Lake and holds the Mughal gardens of Srinagar.
- The Shankaracharya Temple is built on the edge of the central part of the Zabarwan Range.
- The highest peak of this range is Mahadev Peak at 13,013 feet (3,966 m), which forms the distant background of the eastern mountain wall.
- On the northern slopes of the central part of the range, there are three Mughal gardens built by Emperor Shah Jahan.
- These include Chashma Shahi, Nishat Bagh and Shalimar Garden alongside the Pari Mahal (the fairy palace).
- The Dachigam National Park is the main feature of the range which holds the last viable population of Kashmir stag (Hangul) and the largest population of black bear in Asia.