From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : ACT-Accelerator
Mains level : Coronovirus outbreak
ACT-Accelerator, a global coalition formed in April 2020 to fight the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is facing a severe fund crunch to meet its goals for 2020-21.
- The Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator (ACT Accelerator) is a G20 initiative announced on 24 April 2020.
- A call to action was published simultaneously by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The ACT Accelerator is a cross-discipline support structure to enable partners to share resources and knowledge.
- It comprises four pillars, each managed by two to three collaborating partners:
- Vaccines (also called “COVAX”)
- Health Systems Connector
- India is an active donor in this alliance.
Try this PYQ based on a global coalition:
Q.Consider the following statements:
- Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) to Reduce Short Lived Climate Pollutants is a unique initiative of G20 group of countries.
- The CCAC focuses on methane, black carbon and Hydrofluorocarbons.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2