From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : ‘Anamaya’ Initiative
Mains level : Not Much
Anamaya, the Tribal Health Collaborative was recently launched.
Simply keep in mind, the name and purpose.
- The Collaborative is a multi-stakeholder initiative of the Tribal Affairs Ministry supported by Piramal Foundation and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
- It aims to build a sustainable, high-performing health eco-system to address the key health challenges faced by the tribal population of India.
- It will converge efforts of various Government agencies and organisations to enhance the health and nutrition status of the tribal communities of India.
- This collaborative is a unique initiative bringing together governments, philanthropists, national and international foundations, NGOs/CBOs to end all preventable deaths among the tribal communities of India.
Terms of references
- It will begin its operations with 50 tribal, Aspirational Districts (with more than 20% ST population) across 6 high tribal population states.
- Over a 10-year period, the work of the THC will be extended to 177 tribal Districts as recognised by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.