From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : IHIP
Mains level : Digital health mission
The Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare has launched the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP).
- The new version of IHIP will house the data entry and management for India’s disease surveillance program.
- In addition to tracking 33 diseases now as compared to the earlier 18 diseases, it shall ensure near-real-time data in digital mode, having done away with the paper mode of working.
- IHIP will provide a health information system developed for real-time, case-based information, integrated analytics, advanced visualization capability.
- It will provide analyzed reports on mobile or other electronic devices. In addition, outbreak investigation activities can be initiated and monitored electronically.
- It can easily be integrated with another ongoing surveillance program while having the feature of the addition of special surveillance modules.
- This is the world’s biggest online disease surveillance platform.
- It is in sync with the National Digital Health Mission and fully compatible with the other digital information systems presently being used in India.
- The refined IHIP with automated -data will help in a big way in real-time data collection, aggregation & further analysis of data that will aid and enable evidence-based policymaking.
- With IHIP, the collection of authentic data will become easy as it comes directly from the village/block level; the last mile from the country.
- With its implementation, we are fast marching towards AtmaNirbhar Bharat in healthcare through the use of technology.