From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : NISHTHA programme
Mains level : Various digital initiatives by HRD ministry
The first on-line NISHTHA programme for 1200 Key Resources Persons in Andhra Pradesh was launched by Union HRD Ministry.
There are various web/portals/apps with peculiar names such as YUKTI, DISHA, SWAYAM etc. Their core purpose is similar with slight differences. Pen them down on a separate sheet under the title various digital HRD initiatives.
Add one more to this list.
- NISHTHA is an acronym for National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement.
- It is the largest teachers’ training programme of its kind in the world.
- The basic objective of this massive training programme ‘NISHTHA’ is to motivate and equip teachers to encourage and foster critical thinking in students.
- The initiative is first of its kind wherein standardized training modules are developed at national level for all States and UTs.
- The States and UTs can also contextualize the training modules and use their own material and resource persons also, keeping in view the core topics and expected outcomes of NISHTHA.
Progress till date
- Around 23,000 Key Resource Persons and 17.5 lakh teachers and school heads have been covered under this NISHTHA face to face mode till date.
- It has been customized for online mode to be conducted through DIKSHA and NISHTHA portals by the NCERT.