From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Sahakar Mitra Scheme
Mains level : Not Much
The Union Ministry for Agriculture has launched Sahakar Mitra: Scheme on Internship Programme (SIP).
Note: Article 19 states that the Right to form co-operative societies is a Fundamental Right and DPSP Article 43-B provides for the promotion of co-operative societies.
Sahakar Mitra Scheme
- The scheme is an initiative by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC), the cooperative sector development finance organization.
- It aims to help cooperative institutions access innovative ideas of young professionals while the interns will gain experience of working in the field to be self-reliant.
- The scheme is expected to assist cooperative institutions to access new and innovative ideas of young professionals while the interns gain experience of working in the field giving the confidence to be self-reliant.
- Professional graduates in disciplines such as Agriculture and allied areas, IT etc. will be eligible for an internship.
- Professionals who are pursuing or have completed their MBA degrees in Agri-business, Cooperation, Finance, International Trade, Forestry, Rural Development, Project Management etc. will also be eligible.
- Each intern will get financial support over a 4 months internship period.