Indian, Australian artistes come together in Sydney
- As a part of the ongoing Confluence- Festival of India in Australia, artistes from across disciplines collaborated with each other
- Examples: Aboriginal dancers from Australia shared the stage with the Pung Cholom dancers from India’s Manipur, and a Western a cappella group sang with Indian classical singers
- The festival was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in November 2014
Australia offers multiple-entry visa to Indians
- A three year multiple entry visitor’s visa to Indians by Australian govt
- Now Indians can go to Australia many times on the same visa
- Will be implemented from July 2016
- Benefit: To boost Australia’s tourism growth
- Already implemented in Thailand, Vietnam, Chile
India Australia Energy Security Dialogue Held at Canberra
- India had an Energy Security Dialogue with Australian Ministry for Resources, Energy and Northern Australia
- Ministry of power emphasised the need to make the Energy Dialogue a regular feature with alternate year meetings in each of the 2 countries
- During the dialogue, 5 new working groups be set up in the energy field –
- Renewables and grid integration
- Clean Coal technologies for efficient power generation
- Energy Skill development
- LNG and Coal Gasification
- Energy efficiency and Smart grids
India to defer finalizing trade pact with Australia
India to defer finalizing a trade deal with Australia until the multi-country Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) talks come to a conclusion
- Australia is part of the RCEP. India thinks it may lose its leveraging power by finalizing a trade deal ahead of the RCEP deal
- A bilateral trade deal with Australia has to be an improvement over the RCEP
- Hence, there is no point signing an agreement with Australia ahead of the RCEP deal
- Australia has been very keen to sign the agreement but both sides missed the December target
- Australian trade minister Andrew Robb visited India four times in 2015 to convince India to fast-track the trade deal
India, Australia seal N-deal procedures
- The procedures for a civil nuclear agreement with Australia for supply of uranium has been completed.
- This opens doors for the much-needed uranium supply for India’s nuclear reactors.
- India will be the I country to buy Australian uranium without being a signatory to the NPT.
- The significant part of the agreement is that Australia agreed to become a long-term reliable supplier of uranium to India.
Nuclear pact with India to be ready soon, says Australia
Australian panel gives conditional nod for N-deal
Economic cooperation top priority: Australia
:( We are working on most probable questions. Do check back this section.