As for the growth rate during 1990-2014, South Asia’s figure was 1.38, the highest among all regions.
- The report, which studied a total of 188 countries and territories, has determined the HDI values.
- By assessing long-term progress in 3 basic dimensions of human development — a long and healthy life, access to knowledge and a decent standard of living.
- India and Bhutan fall under the category of medium human development countries.
- India is placed at 130th rank and Pakistan, 147th.
- Within the region of South Asia, Afghanistan tops the list with the value of 1.89 for 1990-2014 followed by Bangladesh (1.64), Nepal (1.49) and India (1.48).