# Different Forms of Traditional Theatre in India:
- Part 1 – Bhand Pather, Swang, Nautanki, Raasleela, Bhavai, Jatra
- Part 2 – Maach, Bhoona, Dashavatar, Krishnattam, Yakshagaana, Therukoothu.
[Related reading: 9 Indian Arts in the UNESCO’s List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage]
# Dances of India:
- Classical Dances of India – Manipuri, Mohiniyattam, The Sattriya Dance, Kathakali, Bharatnatyam
- Folk Dances Of India – Mamallapuram Dance Festival, Bathukamma – Telangana’s Floral Festival, Dumhal Dance, Hikat Dance, Hurka Baul, Tera Tali dance, Kalbelia, The Koli dance, Haryanvi dance.
# The High and Mighty Kings of India [Click here]
# Indian Paintings:
- A Digest on Indian Painting: Wall, Miniature & Modern – Cave architecture [Related: All about caves], Ajanta and Ellora, the Indian wall paintings, Kalamkari.
# Indian Literature:
- Indian literature through the ages – Vedas, Puranas,Jataka, Panchatantra and Hitopdesha, Sangam literature
# Music of India
- Regional Music – Songs of the North-East, Tappa (Punjab), Powada (Maharashtra), Laman (Himachal Pradesh), Alha (Bundelkhand), Barhamasa from Kumaon, Pandavani, Lotia, Pankhida (Rajasthan)
# Arts & Heritage Institutions
- Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) – ASI – Background, Initiatives, Issues and Challenges; National Monument Authority (NMA)
- INTACH: An autonomous NGO for preservation of Indian Art and Cultural Heritage
- Sahitya Akademi and Sangeet Natak Akademi
- Indian Council For Cultural Relations (ICCR) and Indian Council Of Historical Research (ICHR)
# Protecting and Conserving our artifacts:
- Museums of India and Associated Issues – Notable Museums, Issues being faced and the way ahead, International Museum Day (IMD); Related: Five museums from India among top 25 in Asia
- Theft of Artifacts & Antiquities, Domestic Laws and International Conventions
- Repatriation of Artifacts & Antiquities under Colonial Possession
- PRASAD Cities- Ajmer and Amaravati – About the PRASAD Scheme, PRASAD versus HRIDAY? Ajmer, Amaravati.
- PRASAD Cities- Amritsar, Gaya, Dwarka and Kamakhya
- PRASAD Cities- Kanchipuram, Mathura, Puri
Indian Heritage & Culture – ICHR’s Encyclopedia of village folklore, Khangchendzonga National Park, World Heritage Site list, Shalimar Pavilion, Everlasting Flame International Programme, Chapchar Kut, Kondane cave art, Muziris Heritage Project, Indian Heritage Cities Network, HRIDAY, Pongal, Ganga Sagar Mela, UNESCO, Vesara style (Chalukyan or Deccan style) of Indian architecture, Someshwara temple, Channapatna craft, World Indology Conference, Terra Madre, Festival of Flowers’ Bathukamma, Kalarippayattu, The Martand Sun Temple, Shore temple, Virupaksha temple at Hampi, The Apsidal Durga, Sanchi – The oldest extant Buddhist sanctuary, Kushinagar, Mahabodhi Temple.