# Fiscal policy
- Fiscal policy explained: Direct and Indirect taxes; Contractionary v/s expansionary fiscal policy, Plan v/s Non-Plan Expenditure, Subsidies, Direct Benefits Transfer
- Goods and Services Tax: One Country-One Tax-One Market
- Minimum alternate tax
- Swachh Bharat Cess: What is a cess? Difference between cess and surcharge, The Swachh Bharat Cess
- Tax reforms in budget 2016-17
- Inflation explained with real life examples: What is Inflation, concept Of base effect, Deflation, Hyperinflation, Disinflation, Stagflation, CPI, WPI, PPI, Headline, Core.
# Monetary Policy
- Monetary policy explained with examples: Monetary policy, Monetary Policy Tools (Qualitative and Quantitative-CRR, SLR, REPO, LAF, MSF), Dear Money Policy, Sterilisation, Monetary policy transmission, Issue of autonomy of RBI.
# Banking in India
- The present situation of banking sector in India.
- Non performing assets:
- Reforms in Banking Sector
- Financial Inclusion in India and Its Challenges
- PJ Nayak Committee for governance reforms
- Mission Indradhanush to revamp PSBs
# National Income Aggregates
- New methodology of GDP calculation: What’s all the fuss about?: What is GDP and how is it calculated, GDP @Factor Cost and Market Price, Recent change in methodology of GDP calculation.
# Public Finance and Government Budgeting
- Budget Deficits explained: Revenue Deficit(RD), Fiscal Deficit (FD) and Primary Deficit(PD).
- Current Account Deficit Explained: Current Account and Capital Account, Current Account Deficit and Balance of Payment.
# External Sector Of India
- FDI in Indian Economy: FDI in India, FDI routes, Merits, demerits, Impact of FDI on Inflation, Recent FDI reforms, FDI in E-Commerce.
- Beggar thy neighbours – What is exchange rate and how is it determined, NEER and REER, Managed Floating rate regime and Fixed exchange rate regime, Competitive devaluation by China
- The concept of currency devaluation: Currency devaluation, Currency Depreciation
- The concept of currency devaluation part 2: The Chinese move: Currency devaluation by China, impact on India. Related: The great fall of china and SDRs and devaluation of the yuan.
# The Indian Financial Markets
- FMC-SEBI merger and the road ahead: Recent FMC-SEBI merger, the underlying issues and what benefits commodity markets will reap, after coming under SEBI.
- Masala bonds
- Poverty: Definitions, measurement and controversies | Part-1: Definition of poverty, The concept of poverty line and the controversies around it.
- Poverty: Definitions, measurement and controversies | Part-2: Brief history of poverty estimation in India, World Bank poverty line for India.
- Indian Agriculture – 101: National Policy for Farmers (NPF) 2007, Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY), Kisan Credit Card, Crop Insurance in India, Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP), CCEA and CACP.
- Indian Agriculture – 102: Green Revolution, NFSM, Difference between CSS and Sponsored Schemes, Some tidbits on Ministry of agriculture.
- Indian Agriculture – 103: RKVY + 6 Subschemes under it, CAG Audit of 2015 and its revelation on RKVY’s implementation.
- What do we mean by drought and what are the relief measures taken: What is drought,When is it declared? Relief measures taken.
- National agricultural market: State of Indian Agriculture & renewed focus on increasing a farmer’s income – Facts, What was wrong with APMCs, Quick facts on NAM – Prelims
- Pradhan mantri fasal bima yojana
- Discussing budget 2016-17: Agriculture and farmers welfare
- Minimum Support Prices:
# Economic Planning in India
# Industry and Infrastructure
- Evolution in economic investment models
- Dedicated freight corridors: Dedicated freight corridors, Need for DFCs and progress in implementation
- Recommendations of the Debroy Committee on Railways
- 7 mission mode activities for transformation of Indian Railways: Mission 25 Tonne, Mission Zero Accident: It comprises of 2 sub-missions, Mission PACE (Procurement and Consumption Efficiency), Mission Raftaar, Mission 100, Mission beyond Book-keeping, Mission Capacity Utilisation
- Sagarmala project: Smart ports for blue revolution in india: The Sagarmala Project – Port led development.
- Inland Waterways – Converting Rivers to National Waterways: Inland water transport, National Waterways Bill 2015, River Information System (RIS), Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI).
# Budget 2016-17
All budget articles compiled here.
# Economic Survey
All articles related to economic survey compiled here.