# Climate Change
- Global warming- Causes & Effects – What is Global warming? Causes and Effects of Global warming, Solutions and Steps taken by India. Related: Global Warming and Greenhouse Gases
- Primer To Environmental Issues – Sustainable development, International Conferences on Environment – UN conference on Human Environment (UNCHE), World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED), UN Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD), UN conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD), Meeting of parties to UNFCC – Kyoto Protocol, Meeting of Parties to CBD – Cartagena Protocol, Nagoya Protocol, UN convention to Combat Desertification, Montreal Protocol, Other international organisations and conventions.
- UNFCC to Paris Via Kyoto – Adaptation and Mitigation, Kyoto Protocol, Annexes to Kyoto, Carbon Trading, Joint Implementation, Clean Development Mechanism, REDD and REDD plus, Outcome of Paris Climate Summit, UNFCCC Updates : Lima-Paris Action Agenda
- Funding Mechanism for Climate Control Worldwide & in India
Worldwide: Green Climate Fund, Clean Technology Fund, Adaptation Fund, Global Environment Facility
India: Funding Initiatives of India – National Clean Energy Fund, National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change; National and State action plan on Climate Change – 8 missions
Other Indian Initiatives to tackle climate change: Renewable energy initiatives and targets, Swachh Bharat mission, Mission Clean Ganga, India’s Clean Energy Push: Major Developments, NAPCC: India’s National Action Plan on Climate Change, Ozone layer- Recovery in progress.
# E&B Bodies: All environmental bodies, authorities and institutions
- The National Biodiversity Authority (NBA)
- The Animal Welfare Board of India
- Central Zoo Authority
- Forest Survey of India
- Central Water Commission
- Centre for Science and Environment
- Tiger and Other Endangered Species Crime Control Bureau
- National Ganga River Basin Authority
- International Seabed Authority and an introduction to rare earth metals
# Wetlands and their conservation:
- Wetlands, Ramsar Convention, Montreux Record – What is a wetland? Significance, Ramsar Convention on Wetland, Montreux Record, World Wetland Day, National Wetland Conservation Programme (NWCP)
- 26 Ramsar sites in India: A comprehensive survey
# State of Forests in India:
# Air Pollution: Issues & Challenges
- What PM2.5 Pollution Really Means and How Can Delhi Cope Up With This?
- Bharat Emission Standards: Issues & Developments
- IEA report on energy and air pollution
- Delhi’s odd-even policy
- Atmospheric Brown Clouds
# Parched Earth : The Water Crisis in India
- Parched Earth : The Water Crisis in India
- Water scarcity woes and Greenpeace report on coal usage: Coal industry’s effects on water-deficient areas in the near future, Recommendations
# Environmental Conservation and Mitigation
- Environmental Laws in India
- Environmental Conservation and Mitigation Strategy
- Waste management:
- River interlinking
- India’s Biofuel Strategy
- Conservation of coastal ecosystems: Coastal Regulation Zones (CRZs), Activities permitted and prohibited in these areas, Objectives of the Coastal Regulation Zone Notification, 2011, Achievements of CRZ rules 2011, Drawbacks of CRZ rules 2011, Shailesh Nayak committee on review of coastal regulation zone notification, Analysis of new recommendations
- Neeranchal National Watershed Project
- Biosphere Reserves: Functions and objectives of Biosphere reserves, Different zones of Biosphere reserves, How is Biosphere Reserve different from National Park, Man and the Biosphere Programme, Biosphere Reserve in India, List of Biosphere reserves in India, Criteria for selecting Biosphere Reserves, Agasthyamalai Biosphere Reserve.
- Recent developments in solar sector
- Sustainable Farming:
- Sustainable farming systems: The Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS)
- Organic Farming for sustainable agriculture – What is organic farming? Steps taken by the Government to promote organic farming in India, Key features of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY).
# Wildlife- species & conservation issues
- Wildlife- species & conservation issues.
- Tiger Conservation: Efforts and Challenges.
- Coral Reefs and their ecological importance
# Miscellaneous topics:
- What do we mean by a drought and what are the relief measures taken?
- Genetically Modified Organisms(GMO): Developments and Concerns: What is Genetic Engineering Appraisal Committee (GEAC)? What is GMO? Why are GM foods produced? GM mustard, Advantages, Environmental Risks and Concerns.
- Changemakers of Modern India: Chewang Norphel: The Ice Man of India, 3 Cheers For The Launch Of India’s First CNG Powered Train
- Earth overshoot
- National Green Tribunal’s Milestone Judgements