The importance of the 3rd round of exam – The Personal Interview, cannot be underscored. If you perform exceptionally well, it will help you compensate for your any shortage in your mains score. At its worst, it will undo the hard work that you put in to get a high score in mains and push you to a lower service.
People who have cleared the mains generally don’t face any difficulty in navigating through the interviews. However, we have come across many cases that have failed to perform exceptionally well. Hence, we want to work towards a robust program.
The approach followed by coaching institutes to mock interview programs is very unstructured. You present before a panel and are asked questions one after the other. If you fail to answer them, you are asked to prepare those topics. In the next round, you are asked a completely different set of questions independent of your first round of performance.
We want to follow a very different approach. It is not about merely answering ad-hoc questions but testing your capabilities across the following competencies.
2. International Relations
3. Governance and social issues
4. Current Affairs
1. Past background
2. Hometown/state information
4. Your optional subject
Here is how the program will work
General guidelines –
1. Mail us your DAF with filename changed to yourname-rollnumber and subject as PDP yourname–rollnumber.
2. In the email, tell us what areas you feel require special attention/are most uncomfortable with.
3. We will join you to our exclusive telegram group.
4. You can connect with students from the same hometown/city & hobbies. This will help you collaborate and prepare these competencies better.
5. The telegram group will be moderated by our panelists who will answer your general queries and pose relevant questions.
6. We will try to pose stress based question regularly so you have
7. At the same time, we will be posting videos and notes which we believe can be of help in tackling the interview program.
1. 1-1 online/on-call interviews with our panelists.
2. 2nd round of mocks will be held offline.
3. DAF specific material wherever possible.
We will sincerely try to help all our students. However, the program will require few iterations to be perfected. We hope to collect information on specific hobbies and hometown/city so they can be of help for future aspirants. We look to your cooperation in this regard.
We have a commitment from the following academicians, seasoned bureaucrats, and subject matter experts. They believe in our cause and are willing to put in hours to train aspirants.
Virendra Pratap Singh, IRPS
Virendra Pratap Singh did is B.Tech from IIT Kharagpur in 2003. He joined the services with immense experience in the Private Sector working across domains in high profile companies like Tata Steel, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, and Tata Motors. He has consistently scored very high marks in interviews. His 2009 score of 213/300 was among the toppers.
His insights have proved to be very helpful to aspirants appearing for exams year after year.
Dr. Makhan Saikia
Dr. Saikia is an Author & Expert on International Affairs. He holds an MA & M. Phil (Pol. Sc.) from JNU and Ph.D (Globalization and Governance) from TISS, Mumbai.
He has taught at some of the finest universities.
Occasionally, he has written for various newspapers.
His articles can be found here
Vipul Shrivastava, IPS
Vipul Shrivastava did his B.Tech from IIT Powai. He was one of the highest scorers during his time. He is presently also dedicating time to help aspirants with their essay preparation.
Dr. Vipin Garg, IAS
Dr. Vipin Garg is a Founding Mentor at Civilsdaily. He did his MBBS from AIIMS and then moved to the services. He was the highest scorer in CSE Interview 2016 with 209 marks. His notes and insights have been of immense help to the students.
Rohit Pande, Consultant Social Enterprises
Rohit Pande is a Founding Mentor at Civilsdaily. He did his B.Tech from IIT Guwahati. After a stint in various consulting roles across top firms, he is exploring problems in the social sector and has immense ground level knowledge about issues in waste management, education, health, and financial services. His insights can be extremely useful as discussion points in the interview.
Our faculty members who are well aware of recent trends and have immense experience with the interview rounds will also be working with you.
Here are the links to Mock Interviews –
Interview Enrichment Program – Mock interviews