Mains Paper 3: Environment | Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Particulars of PARIVESH
Mains level: Read the attached story
The PM has launched PARIVESH on the occasion of World Biofuel Day.
- It is a Single-Window Integrated Environmental Management System which stands for Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window H
- It is a workflow based application and portal, based on the concept of web architecture.
- The system has been designed, developed and hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, with technical support from National Informatics Centre, (NIC).
- It automates the entire process of submitting the application and tracking the status of such proposals at each stage of processing.
Utility of the portal
- It facilitates for online submission, monitoring and management of proposals submitted by Project Proponents to the MOEFCC, as well as to the State Level Environmental Impact Assessment Authorities (SEIAA).
- It will also he;p seek various types of clearances (e.g. Environment, Forest, Wildlife and Coastal Regulation Zone Clearances) from Central, State and district-level authorities.
- The main highlights of PARIVESH include –
- single registration and single sign-in for all types of clearances (i.e. Environment, Forest, Wildlife and CRZ),
- unique-ID for all types of clearances required for a particular project and
- single Window interface for the proponent to submit applications for getting all types of clearances (i.e. Environment, Forests, Wildlife and CRZ clearances)
More efficiency to be achieved
The facility of Geographic Information System (GIS) interface will help them in analyzing the proposal efficiently, automatic alerts (via SMS and emails) at important stages to the concerned officers, committee members and higher authorities to check the delays if any.